There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From April 19 to April 25, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Pressure washing
- Form and pour concrete slabs, stairs, and walls
- Demolish asphalt and concrete
- Vacuum truck on-site for oxygen line (near Emergency Department entrance)
- Install soil
- Building connection work:
- Remove infection prevention barriers on level 7 of River C
- Demolish walls, floors, and ceilings; install seismic joint on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. A vacuum truck, which will generate additional noise, will be on-site near the Emergency Department entrance on 40th Avenue NE on April 21 and 22. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.