There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 24 to May 30, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install glass at vestibule
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Install storm drains and pipes
- Form and pour concrete stairs and walkways
- Demolish asphalt and concrete
- Excavation and backfilling
- Install irrigation
- Building connection work:
- Install utility wiring and walls; clean; and remove infection prevention barriers on level 3 of River C
- Install flooring and siding on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The demolishing of asphalt and concrete will generate the most noise. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.