There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From June 28 to July 4, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Pour concrete curbs, ramps, footings, and stairs
- Repair existing concrete
- Plant landscaping
- Install irrigation system
- Restore rain garden
- Place soil
- Place boulders using mobile crane
- Building connection work:
- Tape for paint, frame walls, and rough in utility wiring on level 3 of River C
- Paint, clean, and remove infection prevention barriers on level 7 of River C
- Set up infection prevention barriers and install doors on level P1/L1 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers, install doors, and paint on level 1 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers and install doors on level 2 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers on level 3 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Sunday, July 4, and Monday, July 5, for the Independence Day holiday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.