There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 10 to May 16, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install asphalt
- Install glass at canopy and vestibule
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Form and pour concrete stairs and walkways
- Demolish asphalt and concrete
- Install irrigation
- Install topsoil
- Saw cut concrete and asphalt
- Building connection work:
- Set up infection prevention barriers and demolish walls, ceilings, and plumbing on level 3 of River C
- Paint and install flooring, windows, and siding on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The saw cutting and demolishing of asphalt and concrete will generate the most noise. The asphalt installation will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.