Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 17 to Dec. 23, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install black mesh screening on the construction fence
- Place asphalt for temporary construction roads and around a relocated tree island within the site (asphalt placement is weather-dependent)
- Set up steel containment tanks for water treatment
- Remove existing stone
- Sawcut concrete footings
- Install framing support steel and a temporary dust containment wall for the Emergency Department canopy
- Form and pour concrete curbs, footings, and walkways
- Install prefabricated vestibule panels at the Forest A staff entrance
- Utilities: clearing and grubbing; install sewer and stormwater pipes; set catch basins
- Demolish existing concrete stairs and footings
- Excavate and run conduit for temporary power
While construction noise will be generated throughout the week, the noisiest work will be the demolition, which is scheduled to take place from Dec. 20 to Dec. 28. The asphalt placement is scheduled for Dec. 17 and Dec. 20 and will create some odor; please note the asphalt placement depends on the weather, so the dates listed here are subject to change.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Work will not occur on Sunday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email [email protected] with questions.