Upcoming Building Care Construction Activities: Feb. 15 to Feb. 21
There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Feb. 15 to Feb. 21, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Install siding
- Install roofing
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install waterproofing
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install canopy steel
- Install elevator equipment
- Install ceilings
- Remove scaffolds
- Remove construction hoist
- Saw cut and demolish hard surfaces in north parking lot
- Remove temporary utility poles, demolish temporary power switchboard, and demolish temporary duct bank and pad on west side of site
- Install new soil
- Form and pour footings
- Install flooring
- Building connection work:
- Install flooring, drywall, and ceilings on level 3 of River C
- Install ceilings and utility wiring on level 7 of River C
- Install steel and decking, and form and pour footings on level 1 of Forest A
- Install metal panels and trim utility wiring on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The loudest external activities will be the saw cutting and demolishing of hard surfaces on the north side of the construction site and the demolishing of temporary power components on the west side of the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.