Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Jan. 21 to Jan. 27, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Helen Lane work (near the River entrance): demolish and remove existing lighting, excavate for light pole bases, and install light pole bases
- Cap pipes at sediment ponds on Sand Point Way
- Utilities: cut and cap existing stormwater pipes; install new stormwater pipes
- Prepare dirt pad for drill rig
- Stairway north of Forest A: install rebar; pour, strip and waterproof a new concrete wall; install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Drill foundation piles
- Internal activities: plumbing and piping for emergency oxygen system
- Shoring contractor mobilizes to the Building Care site
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be the drilling for the foundation piles (scheduled for Jan. 25 to Jan. 31) and the excavation for the light pole bases on Helen Lane, which will require a vacuum truck on Saturday, Jan. 26.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.