Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From March 4 to March 10, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Drill piles
- Install water treatment pipes
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Form, pour and strip concrete; install rebar
- Patch asphalt
- Internal activities: fire pump replacement work (including demolition and removal of existing pump and slab); begin Forest service elevator ceiling demolition (install scaffolding, temporary lights and alarms, infection prevention barriers, fire sprinklers and temp power); install scaffolding and infection prevention barriers at Forest Stairwell 1; install pipes, firestops and seismic restraints for emergency oxygen system; core penetrations
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest work will be drilling for the piles and installing tie backs/anchors, both of which will take place all week. The asphalt patching is scheduled for Monday, March 4 and will produce minor odors.
Expect heavy truck traffic all week as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, except that certain activities inside Forest A associated with replacing the fire pump will occur on Sunday, March 10.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.