Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 6 to May 12, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install scaffold, drill rebar, and form and pour footings and columns for concrete walls
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install tie backs/anchors for retaining walls
- Install electrical conduits
- Form and pour concrete building footings
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): install control systems and insulation; temporary med air system shutdown for tie-in; install firestops; remove scaffold and infection prevention barrier
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and NE 45th Street): core drilling; install duct bank (conduits)
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be installing tie backs/anchors (scheduled for the entire week) and the core drilling (scheduled for May 6). The noisiest internal work will be the installation of new control systems.
Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.