Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From June 10 to June 16, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect tower crane (a separate Construction Blog post will be published on June 5 with details)
- Water connection
- Install rebar and pour concrete for footings, walls, pads, and columns
- Remove scaffolding and demolish scaffold brackets
- Install “lagging” to prevent cave-ins during earthwork
- Install drain gates and waterproofing for perimeter walls
- Backfill for newly-formed footings and columns
- Drill piles
- Saw cut for piles
- Internal activities on L1 of Forest A (Friends of Costco Building): complete new pipe pathways and pull cables
We will publish a separate Construction Blog post on June 5 with information about the tower crane, which will be erected on Saturday, June 15.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest external work will be drilling piles, which is scheduled for the entire week. Expect heavy truck traffic as excavated soil is hauled away from the site. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
Except for erecting the tower crane, all work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The June 5 Construction Blog post will include information about a noise variance for erection of the tower crane.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.