Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): grading and backfill; pour concrete slab over fuel tank; demolish concrete and excavate trench; install electrical pathways
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Install windows and fabricate metal panels for exterior mock-up
- Waterproofing for walls and slabs
- Activities on River level 7: install sheeting, air barrier, expansion joints and insulation; demolish and saw cut curbs
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest activities will be the work south of Forest A, which is scheduled for the entire week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.