Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Sept. 2 to Sept. 8, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): pour concrete slab over fuel tank; preparation for asphalt; form and pour concrete duct bank; install bedding in trench
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Install windows and framing for exterior mock-up
- Waterproofing for walls and slabs
- Activities on River level 7: install sheeting, expansion joints, roofing and metal panels; demolish and saw cut curbs; form and pour slab
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest activities will be the work south of Forest A, which is scheduled for the entire week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. No work will occur on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.