Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Sept. 16 to Sept. 22, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): install bedding in trench near ambulance entry, backfill trench to subgrade, pour back concrete, and prep for asphalt
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Waterproofing for walls and slabs
- Foundation work for the Seattle City Light electrical vault
- Install and protect generators on level P1
- Activities on River level 7: fire-tape east walls, install doors, and prep for metal panel installation on roof
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest activities will be the work south of Forest A, expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.