Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Sept. 9 to Sept. 15, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Activities south of Forest A (near the loading dock and 40th Avenue NE): install fuel oil pipes
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Waterproofing on exterior mock-up
- Install conduits and pull cables
- Install generators
- Activities on River level 7: install roofing, metal panels, roof ladder, door jamb and insulation; frame and rough in walls
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The noisiest activities will be the work south of Forest A, which is scheduled for the entire week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.