Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 21 to Oct. 27, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Fire lane expansion activities near NE 45th Street: install block wall, light pole bases and water drain; backfill wall and light pole bases; demolish concrete and grade for new bollards; saw cut sidewalk (see note below regarding on-street parking impacts)
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, columns, and slabs
- Install external finish and weatherproofing material on exterior mock-up
- Strip concrete
- Set stairs
- Drilling for new stairs on Forest A (Friends of Costco Building)
- Drilling into new electrical vaults
- Install underground conduits
- Activities on River C, level 7: install metal panels, demolish barriers, install doors at skybridge connection point
- Internal activities: reconfigure existing fire equipment on Forest A, level 1
Note: Beginning Oct. 22, there will be no parking allowed on the north side of NE 45th Street in the vicinity of the fire lane expansion work (near 42nd Avenue NE). Street parking will be restricted in that area until approximately Nov. 1.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest activities will be the demolition and concrete saw cutting associated with the fire lane expansion. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily from concrete trucks. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.