Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Nov. 25 to Dec. 1, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, footings, slabs, and curbs
- Install support steel
- Prep work for structural steel
- Prep work on electricity transformer vault
- Set form panels for walls
- Backfill excavated areas
- Internal activities: install new pipe, wiring and pneumatic tube system pathways on Forest A, level 1; install blower for pneumatic tube system extension
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 to Sunday, Dec. 1 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.