Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in Spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Dec. 30 to Jan. 5, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural steel
- Install decking
- Set stairs
- Build concrete block walls
- Install garage fire sprinkler system
- Install rebar and pour concrete for walls, slabs, and curbs
- Install irrigation and electrical sleeves
- Install overhead protection measures
- Internal activities: core drilling; install pipes for pneumatic tube system extension
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest external activity will be the structural steel erection; the core drilling will be the loudest internal activity. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Jan. 1 for New Year’s Day.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.