Building Care construction is underway. From now until building opening in spring 2022, there will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Jan. 20 to Jan. 26, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Erect structural and support steel
- Install decking
- Pour concrete for walls, curbs, slabs, and stairs
- Install roofing and waterproofing
- Set stairs
- Install mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment
- Build concrete block walls
- Install garage fire sprinkler system
- Install fuel oil piping and tube steel
- Frame walls
- Install storm drainage and light poles
- Internal activities: install pipes for pneumatic tube system extension
Note: Some of the waterproofing activities will generate odors.
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The loudest external activities will be the structural steel erection and pressure washing associated with waterproofing. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and steel delivery. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.