Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Aug. 3 to Aug. 9, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls and shafts
- Install fireproofing
- Set and weld exterior walls
- Install roofing
- Install glass
- Install elevator equipment
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Set air handling units
- Install fire sprinkler systems
- Install flooring
- Install soil
- Install irrigation
- Build out interior spaces
- Work in existing buildings:
- Install utility wiring and pipes, frame doorway, install plywood, and paint on River B level 3 in old vending machine location
- Paint, install ceiling panels, and install tile and stone in new chapel location on River A level 7
- Set up infection prevention barrier, demolition, rough-in utility wiring, and install drywall in conference rooms on Forest A level 2
- Building connection work:
- Install ceiling panels, seal floors, and install utility wiring and pipes on lower level 1 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers and begin demolition on level 4 of Forest A
- Demolition and steel installation on level 5 of Forest A
- Install steel and walls on level 6 of Forest A
- Install walls and seismic joints on level 7 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring, pipes, insulation, drywall and seismic joint covers on level 8 of Forest A
- Form and pour curbs, frame and install drywall, install new roofing, and set up infection prevention barriers on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The soil installation and fireproofing will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.