Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Aug. 10 to Aug. 16, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for walls and shafts
- Install fireproofing
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install elevator equipment
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Build out electrical, mechanical, generator and pneumatic tube blower rooms
- Install insulation
- Install flooring
- Install irrigation
- Install gravel maintenance path
- Build out interior spaces
- Work in existing buildings:
- Install utility wiring and pipes, frame doorway, install drain, install ceiling grid, and paint on River B level 3 in old vending machine location for Starbucks coffee cart
- Install ceiling panels, tile, stone, and flooring in new chapel location on River A level 7
- Install utility wiring, install drywall, and paint in conference rooms on Forest A level 2
- Building connection work:
- Install doors, paint, and remove infection prevention barriers on lower level 1 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers on level 2 of Forest A
- Set up infection prevention barriers and begin demolition on level 3 of Forest A
- Demolition and steel installation on level 4 of Forest A
- Pour slab edge, set walls, and install seismic joints on level 5 of Forest A
- Install seismic joints and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing connections on level 6 of Forest A
- Install seismic joints and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing connections on level 7 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring and complete framing on level 8 of Forest A
- Install new roofing, add hot rubber on gurney path, and set up infection prevention barriers on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The fireproofing will generate some odors. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.