Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Oct. 12 to Oct. 18, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for slabs and walls
- Install roofing
- Set walls
- Install windows
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Build out electrical, mechanical, machine and generator rooms
- Install insulation
- Install flooring
- Install sprinkler systems
- Build out interior spaces
- Set air handling units
- Electrical power installation (Seattle City Light)
- Building connection work:
- Set up infection prevention barriers on level 5 of River C
- Saw cut concrete, install seismic plate, frame walls, and demolish windows, walls, and ceilings on level 6 of River C
- Set up infection prevention barriers and start demolition on level 7 of River C
- Install seismic joint covers and drywall on level L1 of Forest A
- Install drywall and utility wiring on level 1 of Forest A
- Set walls on level 2 of Forest A
- Set walls and install seismic joints on level 3 of Forest A
- Complete framing and install seismic joints, utility wiring, and pneumatic tube connections on level 4 of Forest A
- Install utility wiring, insulation, and drywall on level 5 of Forest A
- Install drywall and seismic joint covers on level 6 of Forest A
- Trim utility wiring on level 8 of Forest A
- Install gurneyway connection and drywall on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Internally, the loudest activity will be the demolition and saw cutting on River C levels 6 and 7. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.