Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Nov. 9 to Nov. 15, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for slabs, shafts and walls
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install elevator equipment
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Install ceilings
- Build out electrical, mechanical, telecommunication, machine and generator rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Install sprinkler system
- Building connection work:
- Install infection prevention barriers and demolish ceiling and walls on level 3 of River C
- Framing and install drywall and utility wiring on level 4 of River C
- Install expansion joint, utility wiring, and insulation on level 5 of River C
- Paint and install ceiling, utility wiring, drywall, and expansion joint on level 6 of River C
- Framing and install utility wiring on level 7 of River C
- Seal floors and install ceiling on level L1 of Forest A
- Framing and install utility wiring, drywall, and pneumatic tube connections on level 1 of Forest A
- Install ceilings, utility wiring, and flooring on level 2 of Forest A
- Install flooring and seismic joint covers on level 3 of Forest A
- Install flooring, utility wiring, insulation, drywall, and seismic joint covers on level 4 of Forest A
- Install flooring and seismic joints on level 5 of Forest A
- Install corner guards and remove infection prevention barriers on level 6 of Forest A
- Remove infection prevention barriers on level 7 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.