Building Care construction is underway. There will be ongoing construction activity at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Nov. 23 to Nov. 29, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Pour concrete for shafts and walls
- Install roofing
- Install windows
- Install ductwork
- Install metal sheeting and panels
- Install mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install drywall
- Install siding
- Install ceilings
- Build out electrical, mechanical, telecommunication, machine and generator rooms
- Install flooring
- Build out interior spaces
- Install sprinkler system
- Building connection work:
- Demolish walls and ceilings and install support steel on level 3 of River C
- Paint and install utility wiring and ceiling on level 6 of River C
- Install door, insulation, and drywall on level 7 of River C
- Paint and remove infection prevention barriers on level L1 of Forest A
- Paint and install flooring on level 1 of Forest A
- Install corner guards and remove infection prevention barriers on level 2 of Forest A
- Paint, trim utility wiring, and install ceiling and doors on level 3 of Forest A
- Paint on level 4 of Forest A
- Paint on level 5 of Forest A
- Trim utility wiring on level 9 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic, primarily for concrete and material deliveries. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Nov. 26 and 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.