There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From May 31 to June 6, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Build out interior spaces
- Pressure washing
- Install drywall
- Install and trim mechanical and electrical wiring and plumbing equipment
- Install ceilings
- Install flooring
- Install storm drains and pipes
- Form and pour concrete wall
- Demolish asphalt and concrete
- Excavation and backfilling
- Core drilling
- Building connection work:
- Install walls on level 3 of River C
- Set up infection prevention barriers, demolition, paint, and install signage on level 7 of River C
- Install flooring and doors on level 1 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. The demolishing of asphalt and concrete and the core drilling will generate the most noise. Expect heavy truck traffic. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The construction site will be closed on Monday, May 31, for Memorial Day.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email email@example.com with questions.