There will be ongoing construction activity for Building Care at the hospital campus until the building opens in spring 2022. Seattle Children’s will publish a weekly post on this Construction Blog that outlines the work expected to occur the following week. We will also post to this blog whenever a construction activity will be especially impactful to neighbors.
From Aug. 9 to Aug. 15, construction crews are scheduled to perform the following activities:
- Restore sidewalks on Sand Point Way (see July 26 Construction Blog post for details of this work)
- Restore sidewalks on 40th Avenue NE (see separate Aug. 2 Construction Blog post for details of this work)
- Build out interior spaces
- Install soil and mulch
- Plant landscaping
- Install irrigation system
- Install signs
- Grind and patch asphalt
- Install steel structure at parking ramp canopy
- Install wood deck
- Building connection work:
- Install ceilings, glass, flooring, doors, and utility wiring on level 3 of River C
- Install signs and clean on level 1 of Forest A
- Remove infection prevention barriers on level 8 of Forest A
Construction noise will be generated throughout the week. Expect heavy truck traffic. The asphalt patching may generate some odors. Construction activity is weather-dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
All work will take place within standard construction hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Please call 206-987-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.